Skip to content
Medical Education & Post-Graduate Training:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Singapore, 1967
- Residencies in OB/GYN, Surgery, Pediatrics & Public Health, University of Singapore, 1967-1971
- Residency in OB/GYN, Hammersmith Hospital, University of London and University of New Castle, England 1971-1974
Post-Graduate Teaching (Full-Time Faculty Appointments)
- Senior Registrar, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, 1975-1976
- Tutor and Lecturer, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, University of London, 1974-1975
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1977-1979
Board Certified in England and the USA
- Attending Staff, Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Association Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Co-Director, Milwaukee Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Mount Alvernia Hospital, Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Hong Kong Adventist Hospital, Sanatorium Hospital
Memberships, Fellowships, & Advisorships
- Fellow, Society of Reproductive Surgeons
- Fellow, The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecologists
- Member, American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Member, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- AAGL SugeryU Medical Video, Editorial Board
- Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Advisor
- Former President of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 2009
- International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopists, Board Member 1998-2000
Awards, Honors, Publications & Presentations:
- Koh travels internationally to lecture and demonstrate the microsurgical laparoscopic techniques he pioneered. He runs master classes throughout the year to assist in the education of the next generation of laparoscopic surgeons and is frequently invited to demonstrate his surgery overseas. Mexico, Brazil, the USA, the UK, India, Columbia, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, and The Philippines are just some of the locations where Dr. Koh has presented and demonstrated his work in recent years.
- Honoree at the Endometriosis Foundation of America Blossom Ball, 2012
- Guest speaker at the Annual Medical Conference of the Endometriosis Foundation of America, 2012
- Distinguished Surgeon Award for contributions to the field of reproductive surgery, Society of Reproductive Surgeons, 2009
- Chosen World Class Doctor, GYN laparoscopy, Milwaukee Magazine, February 1999
- Chosen Top Doctor, Infertility, Milwaukee Magazine, April 2000
- “Laparoscopic Microsurgical Tubal Anastomosis” chapter in Endoscopic Management of Gynecologic Disease, edited by Adamson and Martin, Raven Press, 1995.
- The South African Fertility Society Endoscopic Workshop, Guest Lecturer on Microsurgical Principles: Previous Adhesiolysis and Other Treatment Modalities; Contemporary Management of Endometriosis; Laparoscopic Myomectomy in the Infertile Female, Cape Town, South Africa, June, 1995.
- The Colpotomy Optimized Hysterectomy: A New System for Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Using the Rowden Uterine Manipulator Infector with the Koh Colpotimizer and Pneumo-occluder. White Paper published by Blairden, Inc., Kansas, 1994.
- Laparoscopic Microsuturing, White Paper published by Karl Storz Endoscopy-America, Inc., 1994.
- Keynote speaker – Second International Congress of Advanced Gynecologic Endoscopy in Hong Kong, December, 1994.
- Second Prize Video Award, Laparoscopic Microsurgical Tubal Anastomosis, International Congress of Gynecologic Endoscopy, 1994.
- First Prize Movie Award, “Laparoscopic Microsurgery,” The American Fertility Society Annual Meeting, 1993.
Patents and inventions:
- Simplifying Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (US patient #5520698, May 28, 1996) and KOH Colpotomizer Pneumo-occluder, Vaginal Extender for Colpotomy (US patient #5643285, July 1, 1997): A novel technique and surgical devices to enable hysterectomy to be performed laparoscopically in almost all cases.
- KOH Ultramicro Instruments: The only set of instruments developed for laparoscopic microsurgery in the world today. They allowed tubal reversal to be performed laparoscopically for the first time and have also been adopted in pediatric laparoscopy, general surgery, and vascular surgery.